1. 5 pts. Place the following types of electromagnetic radiation in order of decreasing frequency:
violet light (violet), microwaves, radio waves, uv light (uv), green light (green)
> > > >
2. 5 pts. What is the wavelength of light that has frequency equal to 2.38 x 1016 Hz?
3. 5 pts. What is the deBroglie wavelength of an electron (mass 9.11 x 10-31 kg) travelling 972 km/s?
4. 5 pts. What is the wavelength of light that emerges when a certain atom loses 9.83 x 10-20 J of energy when
relaxing from an excited state to a lower state?
5. 5 pts. How many photons are contained in a burst of light at 689 nm from a lamp that contains 609 kJ of
6. 5 pts. The energy of hydrogen atom in atomic units is given as
, where n is a non-zero positive
integer. What is the wavelength of light given off when hydrogen drops from the n=3 to n=1 level? One
atomic unit of energy is equal to 4.359 x 10-18 J.
7. 5 pts. How many different orbitals in a given atom can have an n=4 quantum number? ________
8. 5 pts. How many orbitals can have each of the sets of quantum numbers given below?
________ n = 2, l = 1
________ n = 4, l = 0
________ n = 3, l = 3
________ n = 5, l = 2
________ n = 3, ml = +1