Code No: R07A10291
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY HYDERABAD
I B.Tech Regular Examinations June – 2009
(Common to EEE, EIE and ECC)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions.
All Questions carry equal marks.
1. The major axis of an ellipse is 150mm long with P as its mid point. The foci of
ellipse are 50mm away from mid point .Draw the ellipse. 
2. A circus man rides a motor bike inside a globe of 12meters diameter .The motor
bike has the wheel of 1 meter diameter .Draw the locus of the point on the
circumference of the motor bike wheel for one complete revolution. 
3.a) A point ‘A’ is 40mm from both the reference planes. Draw its projections in all
b) Two pegs fixed on a wall are 4.5m apart. The distance between the pegs measured
parallel to the floor is 3.6m. If one peg is 1.5m above the floor; find the height of
the second peg and the inclination of the line joining two pegs with the floor.
4. Draw the projections of a rhombus having diagonals 125mm & 50mm long the
smaller diagonal of which is parallel to both the parallel lines, while the other is
inclined at 300 to H.P. 
5. A pentagonal prism is resting on one of the corners of its base on the H.P. The
longer edge containing the corner is inclined at 450 to the H.P. The axis of the
prism makes an angle of 300 to the V.P. Draw the projections of the solid. 
6. A line AB, 75mm long is in the second quadrant with the end A in the H.P. and
the end B in the V.P. The line is inclined at 300 to the H.P. and at 450 to V.P. Draw
the projections of AB. 
7. A pentagonal prism having the side of base 25mm and the height of 80mm is
resting on one of the corner of the base and its axis is inclined to 450 to the H.P.
Draw its projections and also prepare the isometric view of the prism. 
8. Draw the following views of the object shown pictorially shown in figure below:
(all dimensions in the figure are in mm). 
a) Front view
b) Top view
c) Both Side views