Network Management 1
“Effective network management optimizes a
telecommunication network’s operational
capabilities and resources - Optimization.”
• System Depth - A Network Management
• Network Management - From A PSTN
Network Management 2
Network Management Functions
Some of the primary functions of network management
can be listed as follows:
• It keeps the network operating at peak performance.
• It informs the operator of impending deterioration.
• It provides easy alternative routing and work
arounds when deterioration or failure takes place.
• It also provides the tools for pinpointing the causes
of performance deterioration or failure.
• It serves as the front-line command post for network