Chercher dans l'extrait du document
Corrigé bac S/ES LV1 2005 1. a) Who is the narrator? How is he/she related to, Sam? 2 The narrator is a woman)She is Sam's wife. b) Justify your onswer by quoting from the text. 2 (line 4-5) "we produced two sons (1. 12) "our honeymoon » line 16! "my husband's parents" 2. Match one element fromcolumn A with an element from column B. 5 X 2 A B 1. Sam had a heart-attack a) in 76 2. They had children . b. in the late 70’s 3. They got married c) the early eighties 4. Sam found a good job abroad d. at the age of fifty-two. 5. They moved back to England e) in the summer of ‘99 1. d 2. c
3. a 4. b
3. What consequences did Sam's job have on his life?,(30 words) 10 Sam had led a busy life and his work had been harmful to his health. As a result he had bad signs after a heart-attack. So the family decided to move back to England. 4. Choose the right answer..3 4.b ou They decided to rent a place in Dorset. Questions 5, 6 and 7. Focus from line 18. to line 29("We'd done well ... world sporting fixtures) 5. a)1.19. "There was no immediate hurry for either of us to find a job." 5 What does it reveal about their standard of living while abroad?(15 words) They had enjoyed a very comfortable life overseas and had managed to put aside some money. b) 11.1 9-20. "Or so we imagined." - What dces this mean?(20 words) 6 They were wrong to assume they would be able to live on their savings; they soon realized they would have to find jobs quickly. 6. How do they see the British society on their, return to their homeland? (30 words) 10 They hadn’t expected so many changes and now find it hard to recognize the British society they had left some twenty years before. The standard of living had increased tremendously and Britain had turned into a consumer society. 7. Find a key sentence showing it wasn't difficult for their children to adapt to their new environment 2 Line 25-26) "Hastily the boys abandoned us for their own age group” Questions 8 to 12. Focus on lines 38 to the end 8. a) Who was Sam in touch with some time after their return?2 He was in touch with Jock Williams (an old friend of theirs) b) What did they talk about on the phone? 2 They talked about money/ their financial situation. 9. Say who the underlined words refer to. (l.39-1.42) 4 X 1 “I took time to wonder why it never seem to occur to Sam that Jock was as big a fantasist as he was, particularly as –Jock had been trumpeting ‘mega-buck sales’ down the phone to him for years but had, never managed to find the time – or money?- to fly out for a visit. `What did you say ? » (a) I = The narrator l Sam's wife /the woman - (b) He = Sam -
(c) Him = Sam (d) You = Sam
10.1.38. "I lied through my teeth".What did Sam lie about? Why did he feel the need to lie ?(30.words)10 He lied about his financial situation. He felt he was in a competition with Jock and was too proud to admit he hadn’t done so well as him. 11. Did the narrator and Sam share the same vision of Jock Williams?(20 words)8 No, they didn’t. Contrary to her husband who was fooled by him, she didn’t believe a word of what he boasted about. 12. What is Sam's state of mind at the end of the passage? (20 words)8 He feels despondent and sad. He sounds regretful and wishes they hadn’t sold their Richmond house before moving abroad. Question 13 13. Translate into French from "The Idea was to have ... line 14 to "... Torquay, line 17. 16 Nous avions en tête de prolonger nos vacances d’été / tout en prospectant pour trouver un logement / où nous installer plus durablement. / Ni l’un ni l’autre n’avions de lien particulier/ avec une région de l'Angleterre. /Les parents de mon mari étaient décédés /et les miens s’étaient retirés dans le comté voisin du Devon / pour profiter de la douceur climatique de Torquay. EXPRESSION 10 POINTS Choose subject 1 or subject 2. . 1. line. 2. ".:. Hong Kong, Australia and South Aftica. They were good times ... Would you be ready to go, and live in a faraway country if it meant a better life? (300 words) 2. a) Do "garden fetes, village cricket' and "theme pubs' correspond to your vision of Britain? (150 words) . b) How can you account for young people's attraction for designer clothes? Do you approve of it? (150words) Précisions pour la correction de la partie compréhension Pénaliser le candidat qui:
a à la fois répondu dans le désordre et SANS numéroter ses questions, sans dépasser -1 sur 10 n’a pas respecté le nombre de mots minimum indiqué n’a pas précisé clairement le(s) n° de ligne(s) de ses citations (moitié des points affectés ). a recopié le texte lorsqu’on lui demandait de répondre avec ses propres mots. a répondu dans un anglais TRES incorrect, à hauteur de – 20% des points
Questions Remarques Points
1. a) Who is the narrator? How is he/she related to Sam?
"The narrator is Sam’s wife “ suffira 2
1. b) Justify your answer by quoting from the text
une seule citation suffira (line 4-5, 12 ou 16) 2
2. . Match one element from column A with an element from column B
1. d 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. e.
5 X 2 3. What consequences did Sam’s job have on his lifestyle? (30 words)
On exigera les 3 points suivants: too much work health problem decision to go back to Engl.
4. Choose the right answer 4.B (they decided to rent a place in Dorset) 3 5. a. “There was no immediate hurry for either of us to find a job” What does it reveal about their standard of living while abroad?
Exiger l’idée de richesse 5
5. b. “Or so we imagined” What does this mean? (20 words)
Exiger l’idée de they were wrong they had to find a job NE PAS tenir compte des citations données dans le corrigé. NE PAS accepter que des citations
6. How do they see the British society on their return to their homeland? (30 words)
Exiger l’idée de changes wealth/ higher standard of living
7.Find a key sentence showing it wasn’t difficult for their children to adapt to their new environment.
line 25-26 2
8. a. Who was Sam in touch with some time after their return?
N’exiger QUE Jock Williams 2 8. b. What did they talk about on the phone?
Money/ Their businesses 2 9. Say who the underlined words refer to
a . I = narrator/ Sam’s wife b , c, d . He/ him / you = Sam 4 X 1
10. Line 38: What did Sam lie about? Why did he feel the need to lie?
He lied about his financial situation/ income/ success Accepter sentiment de gêne, de honte, de vanité.
11. Did the narrator and Sam share the same vision of Jock Williams? (20 words)
Idée d’opposition confiance/ méfiance 8
12. What is Sam’s state of mind at the end of the passage? (20 words)
Sentiments de tristesse + regrets 8 13. Translate into French lines 14-17 Découpage en 8 segments: …holiday/
….around for / …to settle/ …connections/ ….England/ …dead / ….Devon/ …Torquay (accepter tout terme positif % climat)
Pour l’expression écrite , se référer à la grille que vous pouvez trouver sur : http://www.ac-versailles.fr/pedagogi/anglais/lyc/bac.htm ainsi que ac-nantes et ac-caen. Et bon courage à toutes et à tous ! Michelle Jaillet