Search in the document preview
Abdirahim Khalif Ali M.Eng (Electrical-Electronics and Telcommunications)
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
ANTENNA & WAVE
LECTURER’S CONTACT DETAILS
• Engr Abdirahim Khalif Ali
• Master of Engineering (Electrical-Electronics and
Telecommunications) @ Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
• Bsc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering @ International
University of Africa (IUA),Khartoum Sudan.
1. Director @ Horseed Invs Company.
2. Senior Lecturer at BU, HU
• Phone Number: 0616699964
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecture & Tutorial Hours
– Monday 7:30am – 9:30am
– Wednesday 9:30am – 11:30am
– Wednesday 9:30am – 10:30pm
• Class notes, slides and tutorials will be given to
class manager (Capo Class)
Lecture Attendance will be taken & it is compulsory, make
sure you Attend > 80%
You are responsible for whatever is taught in the lecture. If
you miss a class, it is your responsibility to find out about
assignment, quizzes and exam.
Punctuality is expected.
You are encouraged to collaborate (not copy) on assignment
problems with your "study buddies.”
• Mid Term = 30%
• Assig+Quiz ( Before Mid)=10%
• Final Exam=40
• Assi+Qui( After Midterm)=10%
• Project and presentation=10%
How To Succeed In This Course
• Before C lass
Review material (notes and textbook) from previous class
Preview material (textbook and notes if available) to be covered
• Dur ing C lass
Arrive on time
Attend all classes and tutorials
Pay attention, take notes and ask questions if needed
• Af te r C lass
Review material (notes and textbook)
Identify and understand key issues
Do all the problem sets assigned, and check your answers with posted
Antenna and Wave Propagation Course
Aim of the Course:
Introduce the basic essentials of antenna. Starting with the plane
electromagnetic waves and the laws that governs the propagation
between the transmitting and receiving antennas, the important
antennas parameters such as patterns, directivity and gain is
explained. The course covers the antenna family that describes
various antenna types, the electric dipoles, the loop antennas,
uniform linear arrays and the basic concept of antenna
Antenna and Wave Propagation Course…cont’
At the end of the course, students are able to:
1. Describe and evaluate important basic antennas parameters
2. Evaluate the electric dipole antennas and loop antennas in
terms of its near field and far field analysis as well as the
determination of its radiation resistance, losses and efficiency.
3. Characterize the various types of antennas and it applications
4. Analyze concepts of antenna measurements techniques
• Prerequisite #1:
• ELECTROMAGNETICS I (Electrostatics and
• ELECTROMAGNETICS II (Fields and
1. Constantine A.Balanis, “Antenna Theory”, 3nd
Ed. Wiley, 2005.
2. John D. Krauss and Ronald J. Marhefka,
“Antennas For All Applications”, McGraw-
Hill(text book), 1998
3. R. E. Collin,” Antennas and Radio
wave Propagation”,McGraw-Hill, 1985.
DON’T BE LIKE THIS…
Formula ?!#$!@ !&
Study Smart not HARD!
Pay attention in class!
Please ask if you have any
Refresh what you have learned
in class at home!
remember and familiarize with
all the formulas.