Search in the document preview
Hospital Information System (HIS) or Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) or Hospital Management System are synonyms of hospital e-Governance initiatives, which means making a hospital management paperless. This includes the clinical, back office and generic management of all activities. It integrates the entire resources of a hospital into one integrated software application.
Electra Hospital Management System (HMS) from ACGIL makes such an attempt and offers a world class solution, which fits into all kinds of hardware platform including a mobile phone.
The most important benefits that a hospital gains out of a HMIS implementation are: • Least manpower requirements • Instant information retrieval • Timely treatment decisions • Information sharing between the healthcare specialists across the world • Access to DICOM images online if HMIS is web based • Saves lot of money to the promoters if HMIS is web based • Allows remote access to all stake holders including patients • Web based HMIS can also provide services such as online appointment scheduling • Accepting payment online becomes possible with Ecommerce for payment gateways • Online claims processing for cashless patients become far too easy
The Hospital Management Software provides several management tools such as EMR, which is more of an audit trail of doctors encounters with patients. EMR is a modern way of a hospital treating the patients. EMR covers past history, prescription suggested by doctors, opinion of distant consultants with the help of DICOM imaging or Tele-radiology. This means all vital information is residing in the system, which can be readily retrieved to help in making a timely decision.
Electra, HMIS offers, Off-The-Shelf, a modular concept and flexible in terms of choosing the modules out of requirements. All such modules are listed below for the managers to choose from.
• Registration and Enquiry Management • Appointment & Queue Management • Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) • Electronic Medical Records (EMR) with Document management System (DMS) • Casualty & Emergency Management • In-patient Admission-Discharge-Transfer(ADT) Management • Pharmacy Management
• Pathology Lab Software • Laboratory Information System • Radiology Information System and Nuclear Medicine • PACS Radiology (DICOM Compliance) • Operation Theatres Scheduling and Management • Nursing and Ward Management • Blood Bank Management • Service Order Processing • Ambulance Services Management • Bed Census Management • Quality Assurance and Monitoring • Stores and Inventory Management • Financial Accounting System • TPA Management • Patient Referral System • HRM and Payroll System • Employee Self Service (portal) • Employee Performance Management • Inventory & Purchase Management • Duty Roster Management • Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation • Dietary Management • Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD Management) • Housekeeping and Laundry Management • Biomedical Waste Management • Management Information System (MIS)
All the modules mentioned above are integrated and will possess the ability to share and exchange information across the whole organization in real time. This will automate the work flow, manage the storage and retrieval of information centrally and render the hospital paperless.
Medical and Laboratory Devices interfacing shall be provided for removing manual intervention. Bar codes are also generated, which can be used at various stages including labelling and identifying patients, laboratory samples, etc. Information shall be communicated and exchanged with external entities using the standards for communication that exist for data formats and message types (e.g., HL7), vocabulary (e.g., ICD-10 CM/PCS, CPT, ATC/DDD or SNOMED), and communications techniques (e.g., Web Services, SOAP)
Hospital Information System (HIS) An efficient and future-proof Hospital Information System (HIS) is a key component of a viable health system as Healthcare business models are evolving rapidly. Today, there is need to control processes that govern this sector as costs rise and there is a requirement to manage the information that health professionals need.
How Wipro Helps Wipro's Hospital Management and Information System is a comprehensive solution that automates the clinical, electronic medical records (EMR), administrative and inventory functions, thereby leading to:
• Improved operational effectiveness • Cost reductions • Improving quality of patient care
Our HIS Version 4.0 is a comprehensive, enterprise-wide system that covers all aspects of hospital management and operations. The platform has been deployed in more than 240 hospitals, 1,000-plus physician clinics in 8 countries across India, Middle East and South East Asia. It supports the largest e-governance health IT program, touching more than 50 million lives in India. The HIS application is a patient-centric platform, which has the functionality to handle various types of patients: in-patients, outpatients, accidents and emergencies, day care and referred patients. Core Components of Wipro HIS platform includes: HIS Enterprise
• Customized packaging as per customer requirements HIS Professional
• Help Desk, Scheduling, Patient Registration • Admission, Discharges and Transfer • Physician Practice • Billing, Contract Management, Package Deal Designer and Accounts Receivables • Consumption Entry • Laboratory, Radiology and Cardiology Reporting • Discharge summary • Material Management System - Pharmacy, Main Stores and Purchase • Management Reporting • In-built Tally interface
LIS - Laboratory Information System • Registration, billing, contract management, accounts receivables
• Work list, processing and reporting • Quality control • Barcode - generation, printing and reading • In-built bi-directional interfaces with equipment
CIS - Cardiology Information System • Registration, scheduling, billing, contract management and accounts receivables • Work list, processing and reporting • Ready HL7 interface or bundled with PACS • In-built Interface to Tally or bundled with Tally
RIS - Radiology Information System • Registration, scheduling, billing, contract management and accounts receivables • Work list, processing and reporting • Ready HL7 interface or bundled with PACS • In-built interface to Tally or bundled with Tally
MMS - Material Management System • Item master maintenance - medical and non-medical • Item indents and issues • Re-order level, re-order quantity, minimum and maximum levels for each store • Enquiries and quotations for drugs, consumables, assets and general items • Comparison of quotations and preferred vendor for each item • Purchase requests, orders creation and approval process • Receiving of GRN full/partial items, free items and tracking them • Purchase returns along with returnable/non-returnable gate pass • Consignment stock receipt, consumption and regularization • Expired stock and quarantine • Drugs and consumable issues and returns to patients • LIFO, FIFO, FEFO issues methods • Generic Tax formula configurations • Periodic physical stock taking and adjustments with tracking
CDR - Clinical Data Repository • Standalone and XML-based interface to integrate with any HIS • Multiple views to see the patient medical record • Graphical representation of the lab results and vitals