Search in the document preview
Mid term 30
Final term 45
• Rasterization • Clipping • Lightmodels……
Outline • Computer graphics
• WHY Computer graphics
• The term “computer graphics” was coined in 1960 by William Fetter to describe the new design methods that he was developing at Boeing.
• He created a series of widely reproduced images on a plotter using a 3D model of a human body.
Introduction • Computers accept, process, transform and present information.
• Computer Graphics involves • the technology which is use to
process, transform and present information in a visual form
• concerns with producing images (or animations) using a computer.
Why Study Computer Graphics?
• Visualization • I like to see what I am doing • I like to show people what I am doing
•Graphics is interesting • Simulations • algorithms
Why Study Computer Graphics? • Requirement • Drawings of machines
• Entertainment • video
• User Interfaces
• Layout and Design
• Scientific Visualization and Analysis
• Art and Design
• Medicine and Virtual Surgery
Graphics Applications • Layout Design & Architectural Simulations
• History and cultural heritage
Layout and Design
Art and Design
Medicine and Virtual Surgery
Room Layout Design and Architectural Simulations
History and cultural heritage
Entertainment •Movies • Tron (1980)
• First time computer graphics were used for live action sequences.
• Star Trek- The Wrath of Khan
• Deep Space Nine
• Stay Tuned
• Reds Dreams
• Need For Speed
Related Disciplines • Science • Physics: light, color, appearance, behavior
• Mathematics: Curves and Surfaces, Geometry
• Engineering • Hardware: graphics media and processors,
input and output devices
• Software: graphics libraries, window systems
Related Disciplines • Art, Perception and Esthetics • Color, Composition, Lighting, Realism