Search in the document preview
Biomimetics: Are we excited?
Name (optional) _____________________ Gender: (female/male) Department: ________________________ Occupation: ___________ Biomimetics or Bionics is the term used to describe the substances, equipment, mechanisms and systems by which humans copy natural systems and designs, especially in the fields of defence, nanotechnology, robot technology, and artificial intelligence.
1. Have you ever heard the term ‘Biomimetics’ or this technology before? No Yes
2. Do you think Biomimetics is a worthy technology? Yes, more developments should be made No, scientists should spend their time on better issues
3. Is Biomimetics the first step of many interesting developments to follow? Yes No
4. What do you think how much percentage of natural phenomena we will be able to copy in our technology in the next 20 or 30 years?
Less than 20% 50% 70%
5. Biomimetics is indicated by many the ‘future of engineering’, do you think it’s: True False I don’t know
6. The phrase “we are enthusiastic to make computers do our work and thinking” is: True as scientific developments prove the issue False because the thought is only being imposed
7. Provided further developments are made, Our future generations would be: Machine reliant Efficient Lazy It will have no effect
8. Robots giving lectures for you is a: Dream come true Crazy thought
9. Recently smart cars have been introduced. These can park, sense other cars, stop for traffic signals and avoid traffic on their own. Do you think they will add to traffic accidents?
No they will be reliable Yes, because they are programmed which can be flawed
10. What will be your reaction, if you find that our army has a suit that imitates chameleon skin? Excited Won’t believe Of course it’s possible
11. How about applying photosynthetic principles to solar production of hydrogen? It’s a great idea for energy conservation It’s impossible It’s Efficiency will be low
Thank you for giving us your precious time